Taco Salad Yield: 2 salads, 2 burritos 2 15 oz cans black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed 2 stalks romaine lettuce 1 red onion 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1 cup quinoa, cooked ¾ cup mexican blend shredded cheese 2 whole wheat tortillasTopping Ideas Plain Greek Yogurt Avocado Slices Salsa, prepared or homemade Charred Corn Diced Tomatoes Diced Bell Pepper Instructions
- Prep Ingredients. Wash produce, drain and rinse beans, cut lettuce into 1 in strips, and slice red onion into ½ in slices.
- Heat a saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion slices, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add in beans to onion mixture and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes (omit step prefer cold beans).
- Place ½ of the lettuce, onions, beans, quinoa, cheese and additional toppings into 2 bowls and serve immediately.
- For burritos: Split remaining leftovers into two whole wheat tortillas and fold together.