- Throw in a handful of dark chocolate to the mix. This satisfies your sweet tooth and makes it socially acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast.
- Add raisins or other dried fruit after blending the oats and nuts for a more natural sweet taste.
- Substitute any or all nuts for your favorite combination. Peanuts, walnuts, or cashews work great.
Place pecans or your choice of nuts in a food processor to blend
Combine all your dry ingredients together in a bowl
Yields 16 bites 1 cups oats (quick cooking or old-fashioned) ¼ cup pecans ¼ cup almonds ¼ cup pepitas 1 tbsp. flax seeds 1 tbsp. chia seeds ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt ½ cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter ¼ cup honey ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, combine oats, pecans, and almonds. Pulse lightly 4-5 times until nuts are roughly sliced.
- Empty oat and nut mixture into large bowl and add pepitas, flax seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together nut butter, honey, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and stir until all the oats are coated.
- Using your hands or a cookie dough scoop, roll into balls about 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Let balls set in the refrigerator 30-60 minutes before eating. They are best kept in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 115 calories
- 11 g carbohydrate
- 7 g fat
- 5 g protein
- 80 g sodium
- 5 g sugar