- Whole grains
- Minimal sugar
- Dense texture
- Pumpkin, obviously
Whole Grain Pumpkin MuffinsYield: 12 muffins
Ingredients 1 ripe banana 2 eggs ¼ cup maple syrup 1 cup canned pumpkin ¼ cup melted butter ¼ cup milk 1.5 cups whole wheat flour ½ cup rolled oats 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1 tsp. cinnamon ¼ tsp. fine sea saltInstructions
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare muffin tin with muffin liners or non-stick spray.
- Combine all wet ingredients (banana, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin, butter, milk) in a large bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet, and use a spatula to stir together until just combined.
- Portion the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 23-25 minutes.
- 146 calories
- 21 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fat
- 4 g protein
- 6 g sugar