- Only eat fruit for something sweet
- Drink more water when cravings come
- Quit all sugar cold-turkey
- Don’t keep sweets in the house
Raw Snickers BarsYield: 9 bars
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup (8 oz. bag) pitted dates
- 8 Tbsp. peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Line a 9x9 in baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add almonds and dates to a food processor and blend until it is a sand-like texture and the mix holds together when gathered in your hand. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add the almond-date mixture into the baking pan and press it down until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Put the pan in the freezer while working on the next step.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and sea salt and stir until well combined. If it is not smooth enough to be easily spreadable, place it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and stir it again.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the almond-date crust until it evenly fills the pan.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals until the chocolate chips are completely melted. Drizzle or spread the chocolate over the top of the bars.
- Put the bars in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Bars need to be stored in a airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Nutrition information(per 1 serving)
- 238 calories
- 24 g carbohydrates
- 15 g fat
- 6 g protein